Falling off track is easy. Too easy.
All it takes is a work party with cupcakes because it's somebody's dang birthday or forgetting to pack a lunch and having to find the next best thing...which happens to be Chik-fil,-a chicken nuggets and fries.
I mean, life happens and it's fine, but just remember to never lose track of why you began your fitness journey in the first place. The below tips are how you can get back on track after you've fallen off the wagon in the fastest and safest way.
1. Drink So Much Water. Like SO MUCH.
I'm talking like at least a gallon a day.
Yes, you will definitely pee like 4,382,897,989 times, so if you are going on a road trip through the desert and no bathrooms are around for a million miles... maybe lay off.
Otherwise, no excuses. Drink up.
It will help flush out the salt and other toxins that you've consumed. Drinking a lot of water helps regulate digestion, absorption of good nutrients, circulation, and so much more.
Keep a bottle by your bed. Even be that douche guy that carries an actual gallon around to know how much you are consuming.
This WORKS. I swear it.
2. Prepare, Prepare, Prepare
If the only things in your pantry are Cheez-It's and Pop-Tarts (guilty...at times), then guess what? That's what you'll be eating.
Make yourself a grocery list and get everything you need for the week in one trip to the store.
If you prepare for success, success is what you'll have!
Some essentials that I make sure I have for snacking between meals include:
• veggies (carrots, celery, sugar snap peas)
• plain unsalted rice cakes (top with some almond butter or jam... or both for a mock PB&J)
• a good whey protein mid-day shake! (Pick a flavor you will actually want to consume - as protein always comes in large tubs.),
• fruits (apples, berries, bananas),
• and some cottage cheese and/or plain Greek yogurt (so many things you can do with these two items. Or, just throw in a combo of both, sweeten with some stevia and toss in some granola for a quick and filling snack or lunch!).
3. Throw In An Extra 10 Minutes Of Cardio Into Your Typical Gym Routine
While it's pretty true that you can't out-gym a bad diet, you can add an extra 10-minute run or 15-minute incline walk, or even some HIIT on top of your regular routine.
Sweating profusely will not only make you feel more accomplished but you will again aid in the process of your body getting rid of the toxins. Cardio is also excellent for a speedy metabolism!
4. This Is A Kinda Weird One, But PLAN THE TIMING Of Your Meals
I like the space mine out every 2.5-3 hours.
Since I love food, OH SO MUCH, it gives me something to look forward to with each passing hour. This was especially effective for me when I was working a desk job full time.
It also helps prevent random munching throughout the day.
That being said, if you are HUNGRY while waiting for your next meal, like really hungry, then eat!
Don't just let your stomach growl - nourish yourself.
**THIS WOULD BE AN APPROPRIATE TIME FOR A PROTEIN SHAKE BTW!**
5. Don't Get Discouraged!
Wasn't supposed to be in caps but caps lock was on and then I figured it looked appropriate.
I always have a hard time when I put on a few pounds. Even if it's just water weight, it really gets to me.
I'm telling you, DON'T let it.
You will get back to where you were. It's a process but stick to it and you will see results in time.
Patience, my friends, patience.