With running’s rise in popularity has come a slew of themed running events – some downright eccentric: zombie races, Krispy Kreme races, and cheese rolling races, to name a few.
So you knew it was only a matter of time before naked racing, ahem, emerged.
(There’s "Dating Naked", so why not running naked?)
If you’re thinking, “How can I take part in this growing trend?” Worry no more – the Internet has you covered (or not). A list of nude runs worldwide can be found here: and feature various themes, with most taking place at nudist resorts or other private properties:
• Beach sprints that are followed by “best buns” competitions
• Paint-throwing naked runs
• A course through California’s Badlands called “The Bare Burro 5K” (Runners get to see wild burros in the hills along the way), which is followed with nude karaoke, shuffleboard, and horseshoe competitions, among other activities
• “Bare to Breakers", run by demonstrators seeking to increase acceptance of public nudity
• In Spain, a nude run to protest the Running of the Bulls and inhumane treatment of animals
Why run nude? Here are a few reasons for the unconvinced:
The experience of viewing a true cross-section of body types arguably promotes a healthier body image.
When else would one have the opportunity to view such diversity?
Would you do it? Under what conditions? Why or why not?
Let me know!