When I have a sweet tooth craving, it's no-holds-barred in my kitchen.
I don't know about you but when I want chocolate, I want it NOW.
But...when a giant chocolate ice cream sundae doesn't fit your diet regimen, what do you do?
I've (literally) thrown together some ingredients that combine SO WELL that it's the next best thing to a sundae while still staying in line with your goals. It's SO easy that a toddler could do it.
The best part, however, is that it's LOADED with protein.
• 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (can substitute with nonfat plain greek yogurt)
• 1/4 scoop vanilla whey, cake batter whey or your favorite whey protein flavor of choice
• 1 packet of stevia (can be substituted with 1.5 tbsp honey or agave)
• 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
• Small handful granola
• Small handful of dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
• 1 banana
1) Split banana down the center, banana split style
2) Mix cottage cheese (really well) with protein powder
3) Microwave mixed berries with stevia for about 1 minute. You’ll want the berries slightly liquidy.
4) Pour cottage cheese/protein mixture over top of banana
5) Top banana and cottage cheese with microwaved berries
6) Top with granola and chocolate chips
See? It could not possibly be any easier.
No cooking required (unless you consider a microwave "cooking").
Great way to get your WHEY!
I'd also recommend this recipe for breakfast, sans granola, for a low carb awesome start to your day.