While this post isn't technically "fitness" related, it's a very serious topic that many people can relate to.
Plus it’s so Get HEALTHY... and it’s so serious.
Good health is the most important aspect of our lives and unfortunately, that sweet gift is taken away for many when they get the devastating diagnosis of cancer.
So, when Heather Von St. James reached out to me to help spread the word of the preventable cancerous disease, mesothelioma, I felt compelled to share her story.
Here are a few facts:
• Mesothelioma stems from asbestos which “is a naturally occurring mineral that is classified as a known human carcinogen”
• 30,000,000 (30 million) pounds of asbestos are still being used in the U.S. today (found in some homes, schools, and commercial/industrial buildings).
• Asbestos still remains the #1 cause of occupational cancer in the United States.
• Mesothelioma attacks the lining of the body cavity called the mesothelium.
• Can sit dormant in the body for 20-50 years after exposure to asbestos.