The nutritional world has entered into an era of cleansing.
• Eating habits, and life habits make it that at times…
• We don’t feel quite right,
• we feel bloated, heavy, constipated, or have low on energy…
And it is at these times that a cleanse may be appropriate...
But there are also companies and products that are created to make money, and make us believe they have the perfect product/solution.
There are many reasons for cleansing, including:
• Resetting bowel habits
• A start of a new diet
• Resetting eating habits
• Taking a break from day to day eating
• Quick weight loss
When choosing a cleanse it is important to chose wisely:
• Chose a cleanse that fits your lifestyle and schedule.
For example: If you are very busy and do not have time to prepare than a ready-made/bought cleanse is better for you.
• Be smart!
A cleanse is not a way of life!
Our body needs nutrients and calories, and mostly we get that from real food.
Avoid cleanses that only involve water and lemon juice, and that go on for more than a few days at a time.
• If it sounds too good to be true... then it is too good to be true
If the whole point is about cleansing and going natural then how healthy is the packaged, processed, cleanses we buy?
I have completed three cleanses in the past year and I will review my experience with both.
I am not trying to promote any product but rather give you the reader ideas and options.
I completed the 9-day Isagenix cleanse.
• This cleanse is easy to do, and is affordable.
• There are shake days and cleanse days.
• On the shake days you drink two protein shakes a day and eat a healthy meal.
• On cleanse days you drink the cleanse packets as prescribed and you can have little chocolate snacks.
• The shakes and the snacks are tasty and can be filling for a short time, which is why the nine day cleanse is an achievable goal.
This cleanse feels right to me... I guess that’s why I did it twice.
• On the website you will find a shopping list of all the ingredients you will need and directions on how to prepare the shakes.
• If you want to go the natural and healthy way, this is it.
• The shakes are tasty and filling, and since it’s only for 3 days the goal is doable.
• The downside is time, you do have to set sometime aside for the shopping and the preparing.
• The second time I did the Dr. Oz cleanse, I tweaked the recipes a little.
• I realized I didn’t like cucumbers in shakes so I changed the ingredients to make shakes that suited my taste buds…
...which is also why I like this so much better.
I wish you success in your search for the perfect cleanse, and I hope that the experience is a healthy one.
A cleanse is not beneficial if it risks your health or is too difficult to complete!