This phase can feel like an eternity!
You’ve been working out and eating healthy on a regular basis for a while now but you’re still not losing those last 10lbs or 15lbs.
Don’t panic, you’re not pregnant...you've just hit a plateau.
Believe it or not, the same reason you haven’t lost that body fat yet is the same reason we’ve been able to exist as a species!
Our bodies, throughout history have needed to adapt to our surroundings and our resources in order to survive.
So what does this have to do with you losing those last few pounds?
Your body has now adapted to your exercise routine and possibly even your eating habits, so at this point seeing a major change doing the same old things would be a challenge.
If the problem is that your body has adapted to your workout routine then you may only need to do 1 of 2 things.
(See my article “4 Warning signs your not seeing any progress” for more info)
If the problem is that you’ve adapted to your eating habits then you may need to “RESET” your Metabolism.
Here’s how it works:
• Drink 2 Gallons of Water.
• ONLY eating HIGH protein LOW fat foods (i.e. Turkey breast, tuna, etc.
• Eat as much green vegetables as your want
• Intermittent Fast!
• (2 Gallons of water)
Meaning for 16 hours only drink water and for the other 8 hours consume your recommended about of calories.
• Drink 1 Gallon of Water
• Eat HIGH PROTEIN, HIGH FAT foods (i.e. Ribs, wings, chicken, etc)
• Again eat as many vegetables as you’d like
• Drink 1/2 Gallon of Water
• Eating HIGH Carbs, MODERATE Fats, LOW protein meals (I.E. Brown Rice, Sweet Potato, etc.)
Needless to say this can be a challenge for 2 weeks, however, it may be what you need in order to reset your metabolism and help you get to that NEXT Level in your fitness journey.