• Love Fall,
• Love apples, and
• Love cheesecake,
then this is the recipe for you! It's so easy, so simple, very satisfying, and can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert.
A majority of the ingredients you will probably have on hand.
Here is what you'll need for this deliciousness!
• While this is an APPLE cheesecake turnover, you can substitute for a variety of fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, or other berries and it would be equally as awesome.
Without further ado:
• 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (can be any brand but look at those ingredients!)
• 2 Tbsp Reduced Fat Plain Cream Cheese
• 3 Tbsp Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
• 1 Packets Stevia (or other sugar substitute)
• 1/4 Cup Vanilla Whey Protein Powder of Choice
• 1 tsp Vanilla
• 1/2 Apple, Sliced Thinly
• Cinnamon, to Taste
• Small Handful of Granola (optional)
1. Pre-heat medium size frying pan on medium heat and grease with coconut oil or canola oil.
2. While waiting for pan to heat up, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, protein powder, Greek yogurt, sugar substitute, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix thoroughly! You’ll want to mixture to be relatively thick.
3. Spread mixture on tortilla and lay apple slices flat on half of tortilla.
4. Sprinkle an additional dash of cinnamon if you so desire.
5. Fold over other half of tortilla and place in pan.
6. Flip over to other side once golden brown.
7. To serve, sprinkle an additional bit of cinnamon (and some more sugar if you’re feeling
frisky) on the crisped exterior of tortilla.
8. Open tortilla slightly and sprinkle in granola for added crunch.
9. Slice in half and DEVOUR.
See, you can do delicious and NUTRITIOUS seasonal treats!