One of my favorite things in the whole wide world, is debating with my 11 year old about how much of the serving of broccoli I put on his plate he has to eat before he is done.
Now mind you, by "favorite things" I mean, "things I hate."
It drives me batty that I can
• selectively shop for fresh meats, fruits and vegetables for the family,
• come home and cook it all with just the right spices so that it literally melts in your mouth
• and then have my kids balk at it like I served them a plate of depleted uranium.
It’s not pork lips or chicken elbows man, just eat it!
I am by no means the world’s greatest chef, nor am I perfect with eating clean food all of the time, but I do put forth a concerted effort to lead my family by example when it comes to healthy eating and also to learn as much as possible when it comes to tasty cooking.
I really enjoy making healthy food choices also taste amazing, especially since this seems to the average American to be somewhat of a paradox.
These healthy choices include:
• fresh fruits,
• legumes (that’s fancy talk for beans),
• tubers (more fancy talk. It means potato-like-thingies),
• free range chicken eggs
• and non-farmed meats.
Think Goldilocks and the 3 Bears:
• not too much,
• not too little,
• just right.
Replace all those sugary sodas and fake juices...
with some good old-fashion cloud tears and you’ll be feeling better in no time.
Pretty straightforward, right?
As much as I would like to think so, people still manage to mess this stuff up.
Try not to over-complicate things with your nutrition and you might be surprised just how easy eating healthy can really be.
Good luck and let me know how it goes!