Shoulda, woulda, coulda?
That’s a waste of your time and energy!
That feeling of disgust you have for making your health and well-being a low priority for all these years?
It doesn’t matter where you are right now, just accept it, whether or not you like it.
Accept it. Look reality right in the face and come to terms with your current challenges and limitations, then ask yourself
It doesn’t matter where you are, the only thing that matters is what direction you’re going.
Everyone starts somewhere, and everyone is going one direction or another.
Overweight and sedentary but taking action to get your first workout in? AWESOME
Frustrated with how weak and flabby you still are 8 weeks into your new program?
Forgettaboutit! You’re going in the right direction!
Getting cocky about how you know it all? Or maybe, “you’ve tried everything”?
Well, we’re either growing or we’re dying...looks like you’re dying.
Just take it one day at a time and ask yourself what direction you’ve gone today:
Have you been parked in your chair for 8 hrs and it’s only 12 noon?
No healthy snacks to be found with the HANGRY MONSTER about to take over and force itself on you in cupcake or burrito alley?
Well, you had better make a better decision or else you’ll end up sliding the wrong direction today, which leads to sliding the wrong direction tomorrow, which leads to a lot of pain, suffering, obesity, unhappiness, early death, divorce, you name it 1, 3, 5 10, 20 years from now.
• Set a goal – If you don’t know where you’re going and why you want to get there, you won’t get there.
• Take Action on that goal TODAY – buy a book, order a program, schedule an appointment with a personal trainer, set a date with a workout buddy…(know that this is just potential to move in the right direction).
• Follow through – whether you “want to” or not. Show up and get it done, successful people do what unsuccessful people aren’t willing to do.
• Reflect – Get a journal and spend just 5min each day asking yourself, which direction did I go today.
• Plan and plan some more – Failing to plan is planning to fail, take a few minutes to analyze your habits, where you’re falling down, and where you can make a simple change that will pay off HUGE over time.
• Don’t beat yourself up.
You’ll be amazed at how much time and energy you have when you accept where you are, know where you want to go, and stay focused on making sure you’re going the right direction, right NOW.