Easiest/Tastiest 5 Minute Breakfast Sandwich
You know those frozen breakfast sandwiches that are packed full of sodium and other artificial preservatives…
but are convenient and taste oh-so-good?
Or how about those drive-thru breakfast sandwiches that are greasy and melty and delicious…
but LOADED with calories and cheese?
THESE ARE NOT THOSE…but they taste just as good and are better for you on so many levels.
You can make them in advance, freeze them, and pop them in the toaster or microwave just like the pre frozen ones you see in the grocery stores for a quick breakfast in under 5 minutes.
OR you can make it fresh – still only takes 5 minutes to assemble.
there’s really no excuse for a healthy breakfast when you’re in a time crunch.
Without further ado, I present:
Mandi's 5 Minute Breakfast Sandwich!
- 1 Thomas brand english muffin (can sub for other brands, nutritional facts below are based on Thomas)
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 strip Butterball turkey bacon (can sub but same situation as above)
- 1 Tbsp reduced fat veggie cream cheese
- Lightly toast English muffin.
- While muffin is toasting, grease small microwavable bowl and pour in egg whites.
- Microwave for 30-45 seconds or until egg whites become firm.
- Place turkey bacon between 2 paper towels and microwave for 2 minutes or until crispy.
- Spread cream cheese on English muffin, then add the rest of the cooked ingredients.
Only thing left to do is DEVOUR!
If you plan to make a few of these bundles of joy in advance, don’t add the cream cheese until you are preparing to eat the sandwich and English muffin is toasted.
- Calories = 205
- Fat = 6 grams
- Carbs = 27 grams
- Protein = 12 grams
Leave a comment