3 Ways to Beat the Holiday Blues
Man it gets hectic around the holidays.
- People get stressed out trying to find just the right gifts,
- everybody wants a piece of your time (for the best reasons of course!),
- and there’s so much you have to get done in time or everything will be RUINED!!
That doesn’t even sound fun.
Here are some ways to take it down a notch and reconnect with the spirit of the holidays.
1. Take Some Down Time
You don’t have to accept every invitation that comes across your monitor.
It’s winter – the days are shorter, it’s colder, your body wants to rest and hibernate a little bit. Instead of rushing in a frenzy from party to gathering to celebration, skip a couple and snuggle in at home.
- Make some hot tea,
- put on your favorite movie (heck, make it a marathon!),
- and just chill for a bit.
The holiday hustle and bustle will all still be out there when you’re ready to re-emerge.
2. Take Some Gym/Workout Time
I know, sounds tiring, but how often during the holidays do you get to do something that’s purely for you, and purely reflective?
- Exercise boosts those endorphins and makes you feel good both mentally and in fact, there’s almost nothing that makes you feel as good and powerful and in control as a good workout!
3. Give Some To Those In Need
Helping others will give you a boost.
- Now’s a good time to volunteer at your local food bank or soup kitchen (always is a good time, but they tend to get slammed during the holidays).
- Your local shelter needs dog walkers and people to socialize kittens (this is literally just hanging out with a pile of kittens, a known mood lifter!)
It’s good for you and it’s good for society!
And of course, be sure to eat healthy, get some sleep, and don’t sweat the small stuff.
The holidays will be better for everyone in your life when you spend a few hours taking care of you, mentally and physically.
Leave a comment