3 Mouthwatering Pizza Recipes (That Won’t Make You Fat!)
When that “ME NEED PIZZA” caveman type feeling hits…. it hits hard. Real hard. It can be especially difficult to restrain those ooey, gooey, cheesy, saucy cravings when you’re watching what you eat and can’t simply dive into a large steamy hot pizza pie. BUT DON’T FRET. I’ve come up with quite the solution for your pizza cravings. Three solutions, in fact.
**Calories are an estimation and may vary based on different brands and your personal preferences.
1. Spinach Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Recipe yields 2-3 servings: 310-360 calories per serving
- 2 cups (raw - loosely packed) spinach leaves
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 cup reduced fat Italian blend cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup low or no sugar added marinara sauce
- 17 slices turkey pepperoni
- ¼ onion, chopped fine
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 oz fresh sliced mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper (do not skip this step!).
- Combine spinach, eggs, Italian cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor until you get a mushy consistency.
- Spread “pizza dough” onto pan, it should have a relatively thin crust at this point.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with sauce, pepperonis, chopped onion, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in oven for around 5 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
2. Cheesy Garlic Pizza w/ Quinoa Crust
Recipe yields 4 servings: 310 calories per serving
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Oregano (to taste)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (Italian blend – to be mixed in with crust)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella (for pizza topping)
- ¾ cup no sugar added marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic powder, baking powder, oregano (and any other spices of your choice). Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Add Italian shredded cheese to quinoa and mix. Add egg mixture to quinoa mixture, combine well.
- Spread dough into an even layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or when edges begin to brown.
- Top pizza with mozzarella and sauce, return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, slice, and enjoy!
3. Sundried Tomato & Asparagus Goat Cheese Pizzadilla
Recipe yields 2 servings: 390 calories per serving
**This recipe yields two pizzadillas
- 4 oz goat cheese (divided into 2)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup raw asparagus (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, toss chopped asparagus with olive oil and roast in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Grease a large pan on your stovetop and turn the heat up to medium.
- Spread goat cheese on tortillas, top with sundried tomatoes and roasted asparagus.
- Fold tortillas in half (forming a half circle), place into pan.
- Cook each side of tortilla until a light golden brown.
- Slice tortillas and serve immediately!
What are you waiting for? PIZZA TIME!
Want more recipes like these? Check out our 10 Healthy Recipes Guide, which you can
All of the recipes can be cooked in 10 minutes or less!
Leave a comment