3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Waffles with Healthy & Creative Toppings
Waffles for breakfast, lunch or dinner? We're in! Fit Men Cook has devised a sweet potato waffle recipe good enough for any time of day. Check out more of their awesome recipes at FitMenCook.com!
Waffles so easy and delicious, your biggest problem will be deciding what to put on top. These also make great in-between meal snacks – just chop the waffles into pieces and you have protein and complex carbohydrate-rich treats. This recipe idea is great for “leaning out for the summer,” or “packing on some solid muscle.” The recipe can’t lose!
- 400g grated sweet potato (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- Eggs – 1 egg, 4 egg whites
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- spray coconut oil or cooking spray
- Wash the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. This is very important, especially if you are like me and tend to eat the skin of the sweet potatoes.
- Set oven to 400F.
- Grate sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs to the grated sweet potato and toss in coconut flour. Mix well using a spatula. If desired, you may add seasonings and spices; however, keep in mind that most of the flavor will come from the toppings.
- Place of the waffle iron and cook thoroughly, about 8 minutes per large waffle.
- OPTIONAL yet recommended step: after the waffles have finished cooking, they can seem soggy depending on the waffle iron. If you find the waffles are too soft, place them on a baking rack and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes so they can become more firm and crispy around the edges.
Leave a comment