This Chili-Stuffed Plantain Features a Sweet & Spicy Kick
After a workout, your body is craving carbs (because your glycogen stores are depleted) but your mouth is looking for something super satisfying. Fulfill both needs with the Chili-Stuffed Plantain from the masters of clean eats at Fit Men Cook! Enjoy spicy protein with a hint of sweet and creamy plantain in this simple dish you'll be dying to make again and again! If you're looking for something with the same fat burning effect as this recipe, check out this link.
- 1 ripe medium plantain
- 6.5 oz extra lean turkey
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 roma tomato
- red onions & cilantro to your liking
- Seasonings: low sodium chili seasoning, sea salt, pepper, paprika.
- Use spray coconut oil in a nonstick skillet to cook plantain for about 15 minutes or until soft, or you can bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 405F.
- Prepare chili in skillet over medium heat and add fresh cilantro to taste.
- Split plantain and fill with chili. Boom.
Leave a comment