Get this Tabata Total Body Workout
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- “Tabata” refers to an interval workout consisting of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest for a total of 4 minutes.
- This workout is essentially a Tabata-times-three, since the total time for the workout, including all moves, is 12 minutes.
- A Tabata session makes for a great high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout.
Short on time but still need to get a sweat sesh in? Turn to a Tabata workout. This HIIT-style workout cranks up the effort for only 20 seconds at a time, but don’t get too comfortable because you will only get 10 seconds of rest. Repeat the following moves for a total of 8 rounds, which will take you 4 minutes for each movement. It’s guaranteed to hit every major muscle group in your body and help you get the fat-loss results you want in less time than steady-state cardio.
- Mountain climbers: 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for a total of 4 minutes
- Split squats: 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for a total of 4 minutes
- Step-ups: 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for a total of 4 minutes
Original Article: Greatist Workout of the Day: Tuesday, December 8th, 12/8/15
Leave a comment