9 Simple Tips to Improve Your Digestive Health
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The recommended daily intake of fiber is about 25-30 grams per day. Getting this amount will help your gut perform its normal functions, and it’s totally doable to sneak extra fiber into your daily diet.
- Drinking enough water will ensure the fiber does its job. Keep drinking up throughout the day.
- Avoid antibiotics whenever possible, as they kill all the bacteria your gut needs to do its job.
It’s not a glamorous subject, but digestion is one of the biggest factors in overall health. To improve your digestive health, follow these nine tips.
- Get plenty of fiber from sources like artichokes, raspberries, pears, apples, peas, lentils, beans, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Fiber can’t do its job without fluids.
- Prioritize less processed carbs over processed ones.
- Try herbal teas with gut-soothing ingredients like ginger and chamomile.
- Sneak natural probiotics into your diet with garlic, asparagus and onions.
- Avoid antibiotics whenever possible.
- Try adding beets to salads for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Explore yoga poses that claim to help with digestion, such as triangle pose.
- Eat leafy greens to further regulate digestion.
Original Article: 9 Easy Ways I Improved My Digestion (After Years of Issues)
, MindBodyGreen.com, 12/4/15
Leave a comment