Get the Recipe: Low Carb Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Caprese
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This is a fully balanced meal you can make in 15 minutes.
- Zucchini noodles are a great alternative to pasta when you’re looking for something lighter and healthier.
We’ve all heard of noodles. The pieces of carb-rich heaven that serve as a vehicle for sauce and cheese. But have you heard of zoodles (Zucchini noodles)? The zucchini's subtle flavor makes zoodles a perfect substitute for pasta. Also, eating a plate of them gets you closer to satisfying your daily requirement for veggies.
Follow this chicken and zucchini noodle recipe and get your zoodle on!
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut 1/2-inch cubes
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 lb grape tomatoes, cut in half
- pinch red crushed pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized with Blade D
- 2 oz fresh mini mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Start by spriralizing the zucchini. Then season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. In a large non-stick pan set over med-high heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken and cook, stirring until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining oil and garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, until the tomatoes soften, 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, stir in the zucchini and basil, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the mozzarella and serve right away.
Leave a comment