Gluten-Free Quinoa and Bean Chili Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This is a delicious slow-cook recipe, great for making in bulk and freezing for future meals to come.
- Loaded with fiber, protein, and potassium, this chili recipe has it all!
This cholesterol-free vegetarian chili recipe is high in fiber and low in saturated fat, a dynamic duo that keeps your blood flowing to your muscles and organs. Plus, one serving packs about one-third of your daily potassium need, which keeps blood pressure in check and your heart and muscles in working order. Quinoa, a gluten-free, easily digested grain with all of the essential amino acids you need to make muscle and other lean tissue, is also a source of fiber. Kidney beans supply protein and fiber, too, and they're loaded with manganese, a mineral your body requires to produce energy, make collagen, and help defend against cell damage.
Give this chili recipe a try and slow cook your way to a tasty evening.
- 1 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 2 15-1/2-oz cans red kidney beans
- 2 15-1/2-oz cans diced, no-salt-added tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced, or more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low (or 4-5 hours on high).
- Remove bay leaf and stir well before serving.
Leave a comment